Finally, after months of preparation and the odd false start, Ravenswick which was a small homestead in 1740 then greatly extended in 1910 to become Ravenswick Hall, is no more.
A convoy of lorries take away materials that cannot be recycled.
Workers meanwhile continue to reclaim as many old bricks as possible from the walled garden.
Some interesting and rather beautiful photographs of the derelict hall and walled garden, taken in March this year, can be viewed on the Gullwing Photography blog.
Check out the Ravenswick Hall Instagram account for a site video.